Thursday, May 6, 2010

Looking Around

4 May


Alex went to the office today, it's an easy 15-20 minute walk across the center of the city from where we are staying. As I was coming back from the PwC office, I met a woman who asked me for directions. First in Slovak then in English when I said English. That was pretty funny, I had a map and let her look for the place she was going.


I spent some of the afternoon walking around looking for the Post Office and the US Embassy. The US Embassy is the only embassy with a fence and guards outside the building. Americans are on somebodies list.


Alex and I decided to have some Slovak cuisine for dinner so we went into the part of the city known as Old Town. Old Town was the original area for the city and has been known by many names depending on who was in control: Brasleavespurch, Brezalauspurc, Posonium, Pressburg, Pozsony, Prespork and Bratislava. There is always a meat in the meal and some dumpling or potato. We had some bread with cheese made from sheep milk to start our meal. Very hearty meal, that tends to stick with you. Always beer or wine with the meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment