Sunday, June 10, 2012

Bangalore, India, March 2012

I went to Bangalore for work for one week in March.  My visa actually came through this time!  It was another close call, barely arriving a week before my intended departure date.  India was not far off from my expectations, reminding me a lot of Vietnam.  I was not shocked by the cows standing on the sidewalk, the horrible traffic, all the people everywhere.  I expected there to be more bikes and less cars (like Vietnam) but that wasn't the case.  The people we met were all fantastic and it is a vegetarian's paradise!  We were spoiled and stayed at one of the most beautiful and peaceful hotels ever - the Oberoi.  The service was ridiculous (in a good way), I could not make eye contact with anyone without them rushing over to see how they could help me.




No comments:

Post a Comment