Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Budapest Hungary



I'm not a doctor and I don't play one on TV. That being stated I'll say this, you can take me out of Montana but you can't take Montana out of me. I'm following Hungarian tradition of holding this horse's bullock in order to have good luck on my next exams for school. Given that I'm not in school currently, I'll take good luck and vitality. This statue is located on the Buda side of the city in the castle area.




Riding the train from Bratislava, SK to Budapest, HU. This was outside of Bratislava before the train started to follow the Danube River to Budapest.

On the train Saturday morning. We lucked out again with one day of really warm weather for November, lots of sun.

Along the Danube River, crossing into Hungary from Slovakia.

After 2 1/2 hours on the train with a few stops we're in Budapest! Behind Alexandra are the Buda Hills and Buda. We were standing in Pest along the river.


On the Chain Bridge looking back toward Pest and the Parliment building to the north.




Looking back across the Chain Bridge into Pest, we're standing right above the track for the funicular.



Night time!
On the way to the market place.

Green Bridge


White Bridge from our hotel room.

The South Train station on Monday night.

Budapest is a city divided by the Danube River and made up of three parts: Obuda, Buda and Pest. It has a population of 1.7 million pepople, hot springs, a language not like any in Eastern Europe and a great public tranportation system.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure how to do this but I did write an earlier comment regarding your handling of those bronze horse's balls...Shame on you. I guess I would have done the same?

    ReplyDelete